Opening and new Title screen

16bitking

Opening and new Title screen

Postby 16bitking » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:02 am

So, I've been wondering ever since it was stated on stream that the current title screen is not the final one, will there be an opening ala Pokemon Crystal? And if the current title screen isn't final, will the new one be more akin to Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal, or more like Red/Blue, heck would it even be possible to expect it to be similar to that of Pokemon Yellow? Hell, maybe we'll be thrown a curve ball, and this will be more reminiscent of the newer Pokemon games! I'd love to hear your guys' ideas about this!

The following is my idea for a new title screen, it takes influence primarily from that of Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and Platinum/Diamond/Pearl, while also incorporating aspects from Pokemon Red/Blue and Crystal/Gold/Silver.

Crownsts2.png

CRownsts1.png

Crownsts.png

The idea is that, similar to Diamond and Pearl's opening, you are able to see the camera panning over various in-game locations, while, similar to Red and Blue, you get to see an assortment of monsters occupying a spot on the screen.
16bitking

Re: Opening and new Title screen

Postby 16bitking » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 pm

CrownsIntro1.png

CrownsIntro2.png

CrownsIntro3.png

The first set of storyboards: The camera pans upwards as a sleeping Teedon is seen. For the intro, I'm going for a vibe not unlike the DS Pokemon games!
Last edited by 16bitking on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Re: Opening and new Title screen

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 pm

This is looking incredible 16bit!

very cool and well done!

Return to “General Discussion”