Stockpiling

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Stockpiling

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 am

Battle in Crowns involves a unique mechanic - Stockpiling

When switching Monsters out in battle, switching to a Monster of the same attack-type (Physical Monster to Physical Monster, Magical to Magical, etc.) will add a level to your Stockpile Gauge.

Failing to keep switching and maintaining the chain will cause the stockpile to deplete to zero, however, if your final action to end a chain is an attack, that attack will be highly boosted by the stockpile you've built up.

Along with boosting your next attack, the six levels of stockpiling can have other effects as well, such as boosting your stats, lowering your opponent's stats, or inflicting status effects. With six levels you will need to be sharp and choose the right amount to build for each situation!

There are rumors of a sacred technique that allows you to go beyond the sixth stockpile, however, no one has ever reached that level of mastery over their Monsters in battle yet...

Who knows what could happen?
Vajra

Re: Stockpiling

Postby Vajra » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Question! You say that stats ailments are a potential effect of stockpiling, but will there be normal attacks that dole those out too?
Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:22 pm

For sure! Status Ailments in Crowns can be quite Bizarre, including Adrenaline Rush, DrownScare and Reality Break!

We'll be covering each in detail in an upcoming video.
Randwarf

Postby Randwarf » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Is there a icon that shows me if my monster is magical/physical? As right now i can't see one. Also, i still don't get the stockpiling sistem :( Do you just keep switching your monster till you have stockpile full and then attack? Does stockpile remain if i attack, but not switch?

P.S. Battle screen looks way better than last time I saw
I love dwarves!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:26 pm

There will be an icon to show if your Monster is a physical or magical attacker for sure!

You'll keep switching to build stockpile, but you only have to charge it as much as the perk you want. When fighting an easy enemy you may want to only swap once for an attack boost + attack buff while against bosses you'll have to think carefully on which stockpile effect is most useful.

Early in battle against a boss you may want to focus on buffs/debuffs, but when things get hectic you may want to go for an all out super-powerful attack!
Randwarf

Postby Randwarf » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:56 pm

What if i wanted to have a team of two powerful monsters, one magical and another physical, would that mean such team wouldn't work very well?
I love dwarves!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:06 pm

You could ignore the stockpiling, and make two very powerful monsters that are strong enough to win without the stockpile mechanic.

Or you could use special token monsters that you don't have to train to boost your stockpile (more details on this soon - we're ironing out the details).

There are also special moves that manipulate your stockpile without switching, either adding one, or consuming them for another purpose...
Randwarf

Postby Randwarf » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:22 am

hey, I got an idea. it is nothing big, but an idea non the less.

So, swapping in stockpiling never made sense to me. But what if it was renamed to cooperating? Magical monsters get along well beetween eachother, cooperate and make battleplans together. And their plans fullfil eachother, so by cooperating you would get you a stockpile. But if you try to cooperate magical and physical their plans would be so different that they would start arguing and lose all the stockpiles.
I love dwarves!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:25 am

Tyrax Lightning

Postby Tyrax Lightning » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm

I look forward to this Battle Demo Vid... I still dunno if I understand the Stockpiling well enough... attacking more times seems more worth it a thing to do... though that might be why I had such a hard time handling the first Boss in the game... barely beat him before losing all my dudes. Stone Dragon Brawn while Boss poisoned MVP.

Return to “Mechanics”