Taming

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Taming

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 am

When encountering a Monster in the wilds of Crown Island you may want to add it to your team. To do so, you must offer it a contract.

Monsters are brutal creatures, but they all have the desire to dominate and become the Alpha of their pack. A contract is a deal between you and the Monster - it will join you on your quest, and in return you will raise it to be as powerful as possible!

Different contracts have different strengths and levels of effectiveness. You may find that a very sharp and wise Monster will only be interested in the very best of contracts.

To increase the chances of a Monster accepting a contract you should ensure that you are as strong as you can be in comparison to it, and are able to deal a lot of damage in a single blow. These, among other factors, will command respect in battle.
Vajra

Re: Taming

Postby Vajra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:55 am

Hmmm...I like what on display here, but I feel it could use a bit more.

Like, perhaps food you could feed them, or items you could give them to prove you're trustworthy, depending on lore or type? Maybe a destroyed voodoo doll would appeal to Psycho monsters like Drop-Tear Bunny, or perhaps a bit of coral to nibble on for things like Shoreyu. Just a thought! I just am not sure that I'd like to just have a display of power as the only method to tame monsters. I'm ok with it being the main method, though.

Then again, having too many items for specific monsters would feel a bit like feature creep. XP
Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:46 am

Solid idea. Having ways of increasing chances of taming aside from raw power is definitely something on our minds.

It likely wouldn't be as creature-specific as the Shoreyu example, but your Psycho idea is really great.
Vajra

Postby Vajra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

Avery_Goodname

Postby Avery_Goodname » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 am

Hippie Gnu Ears.
Tyrax Lightning

Postby Tyrax Lightning » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:38 pm

We could really use a move that acted like Pokémon's "False Swipe" move...

Return to “Mechanics”