Fusion

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Re: Fusion

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Randwarf wrote:Lets do some math. As far as i know your goal is 200 monsters (right?), each with their own six variations. 200*6=1200 (different colour paletes NOT included). That was ALOT, but since we know that your another goal is to give unique combinations to every monster, which means, (200*199*6)+1200 = 240.000

240.000 bloody monsters that are all different and that is not counting the pallete changes! I think you will need not one, not two but a whole army of slaves/artists to achieve your goals! So hyped!

Well, we'd like to give unique special combinations for every combination, but due to the huge nature of that (see: your numbers!) we'll be doing as many as we can and focusing on fan favorites.

The rest of your math is spot-on though! We're aiming for 200 base wild monsters at release. Don't worry, we've done our math internally too and our workflow makes this all reasonable.
Randwarf

Postby Randwarf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:03 am

Another thing, does it matter which variation of monster are you using when fusing? will you be able to get those specific combinations too? for example - you fuse regular laz and regular pursuit and you get a new monster, but if you would fuse brute laz and brute pursuit would you be able to get that new monster?
I love dwarves!
Zaiwolfgang

Postby Zaiwolfgang » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:43 am

If you fused a Brute Hooclaw and a Brute Pursuit would you get a Brute version of whatever ever it is you would normally get?
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Randwarf wrote:Another thing, does it matter which variation of monster are you using when fusing? will you be able to get those specific combinations too? for example - you fuse regular laz and regular pursuit and you get a new monster, but if you would fuse brute laz and brute pursuit would you be able to get that new monster?

Yes, you'd get the Brute version. Mixing Laz and Pursuit should really give you a Pyscho variant of the mix, however, when using base forms we're over-riding that to give you the base form of the mix.

You're right though, a brutish Laz and a brutish Pursuit will give you a brutish "Lazsuit" variant.

Zaiwolfgang wrote:If you fused a Brute Hooclaw and a Brute Pursuit would you get a Brute version of whatever ever it is you would normally get?

I hope this answers your question too Zaiwolfgang :D
Zaiwolfgang

Postby Zaiwolfgang » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:25 am

but what happens when you fuse 2 fusions or 1 fusion with a normal crownie what happens?
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Zaiwolfgang wrote:but what happens when you fuse 2 fusions or 1 fusion with a normal crownie what happens?

It all works out! You can get some pretty insane mixes!
16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:28 pm

devotedtoneurosis wrote:
Randwarf wrote:Lets do some math. As far as i know your goal is 200 monsters (right?), each with their own six variations. 200*6=1200 (different colour paletes NOT included). That was ALOT, but since we know that your another goal is to give unique combinations to every monster, which means, (200*199*6)+1200 = 240.000

240.000 bloody monsters that are all different and that is not counting the pallete changes! I think you will need not one, not two but a whole army of slaves/artists to achieve your goals! So hyped!

Well, we'd like to give unique special combinations for every combination, but due to the huge nature of that (see: your numbers!) we'll be doing as many as we can and focusing on fan favorites.

The rest of your math is spot-on though! We're aiming for 200 base wild monsters at release. Don't worry, we've done our math internally too and our workflow makes this all reasonable.

If you'd allow it, I'm willing to come on to the team to help with this massive workload!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:57 pm

We'd love to bring on further team members (truly! There are many people that I'd love to invite on-board) but team-management is very time-intensive. The past month or so has actually been pure social media and team-management for me, so let me tell you, it's quite an endeavor when your team is more than 2-3 people (currently we're at 6).
16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:21 pm

devotedtoneurosis wrote:We'd love to bring on further team members (truly! There are many people that I'd love to invite on-board) but team-management is very time-intensive. The past month or so has actually been pure social media and team-management for me, so let me tell you, it's quite an endeavor when your team is more than 2-3 people (currently we're at 6).

I highly recommend Slack if you're having problems with team management. A good deal of my friends use it for their projects, and I've used it a few times! It's a godsend for anyone struggling with team managment, and best of all: it's 100% free (oh god, I sound like a commercial)!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:33 pm

:)

My last project we used Slack a lot - it's great! Might be worth a re-look.

Return to “Mechanics”