Breeding

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Breeding

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri May 13, 2016 11:38 am

Breeding, like fusion, offers a method of combining the features of two different monsters. When breeding you assign one monster as the + monster and one as a - monster. The dynamics of breeding change depending on which type you choose.

Normal Breeding

Normal breeding produces an Egg. When this egg hatches you will produce a completely new Monster that features the body of the + parent with the coloring of the - parent. Hatch-lings are at level 4.

The offspring can have any combination of moves (including future learned-moves!), quirks, typing or stats inherited from both parents.

In your journeys you will come across odd items that can be activated at the farm to influence and force certain traits to be inherited over others giving you a fine level of control.

Net Egg

When breeding, if you're playing online a copy of your offspring's genes is uploaded to the Crowns server. When performing a Net Egg breed you only enter a single monster. Afterwards, a random monster gene is pulled from the server and combined with your monster to produce a very surprising egg!

High Temperature Breeding

High Temperature Breeding is a volatile and potent form of breeding. The embryo created by two monsters mating grows quickly (perhaps too quickly) and leaves it's egg immediately. The embryo joins your team.

Not yet fully mature, the embryo is very fragile and cannot attack or take any damage. You will have to raise it to level 4 before it transforms into its true self.

However, having an embryo is useful - you can easily check stats and moves immediately after breeding without having to wait for an egg to hatch. Competitive breeders will find this feature quite useful when breeding for the perfect stat spread.
CostarZ

Re: Breeding

Postby CostarZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 pm

So the Net Egg is technically Wonder Trade mixed with the breeding functions ?

Dear lord, this might end up being chaotic :lol:
Creator of the DLC Monster Sharprachnid

Skype: live:ultimoben (The field wouldn't let me put it in properly lol)
Vajra

Postby Vajra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Glad you're a fan :) It'll be cool, mostly just for fun. You obviously want to breed competitive monsters carefully and remove elements of randomness.
Avery_Goodname

Postby Avery_Goodname » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:57 pm

Net Egg sounds pretty neat. Can't wait to see what kind of abomination I can get out of it.
Hippie Gnu Ears.
Randwarf

Postby Randwarf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:27 pm

I remember something you mentioned long time ago, about how if parents defeated lots of monster <instert name> their offspring would be more powerful against monster <insert the same name>. is this feature still coming in?
I love dwarves!
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Zaiwolfgang

Postby Zaiwolfgang » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 am

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:39 am

Wighlek

Postby Wighlek » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Hey, about the fusion and breeding mechanics to create new Crownies, I was thinking; how are we going to be able to identify created-monsters in the online interface without an official name?
For example: Let's say I bred a monster from Laz and Ix and I called it "Lazix" (yes, very original) and someone else bred from the same parents but called it "Izxo" (idk). In an online trade, how we will know wich Crownie are we trading without an official name? (maybe through an image, but let say I am chatting with other trader arrenge the trade, I can't see an image of the monster)
I'm very curious about it :?
Have a nice day!
Wighlek.

Return to “Mechanics”