For those who entered the contest, how did you chose your monsters name? and what inspired you to make your monster?

Koops64

For those who entered the contest, how did you chose your monsters name? and what inspired you to make your monster?

Postby Koops64 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:38 am

im really curious to see what you guys have to answer, i have seen some really interesting monsters over the last couple of weeks, and was just wondering, what inspired the name/ design of your monsters? here is mine:
i was brainstorming ideas for monsters, and i soon came up with the idea of floating rock with a little waterfall coming out of the chin, and that's how it walked. hence the name Creekeon. but then i wanted to change it up, so i changed the water to a purple spirit that is controlling the rock to do it's bidding. here is the original Creekeon design: https://twitter.com/jedonahue64/status/ ... 6969242624

anyways, really excited to see what you guys have to say! have a good one!
Heya! im the guy who made the DLC character Creekeon, and i can't wait to play Crowns with my creation!
Zaiwolfgang

Re: For those who entered the contest, how did you chose your monsters name? and what inspired you to make your monster?

Postby Zaiwolfgang » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:27 am

Well for Psykobose I took the Psyk from Psychidae the scientific name for bagworms as it hiding kind of like bagworm, and the obose from Phobos the Greek god of fear. the i just changed the letters around to get a similer sound.

Psycobos to Psykobose
CostarZ

Sharprachnid

Postby CostarZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:10 am

I litterally went on and designed Sharprachnid for the sake of it. It just randomly came into my mind to make a huge spider with legs shaped like blades, it was pretty weirdbut pretty much everything I do is anyways.

Creator of the DLC Monster Sharprachnid

Skype: live:ultimoben (The field wouldn't let me put it in properly lol)
Vajra

Re: For those who entered the contest, how did you chose your monsters name? and what inspired you to make your monster?

Postby Vajra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 am

I just wanted a music-themed monster since to my knowledge there wasn't one yet (listening to the song Allegro Presto from the original Rayman didn't "help" XD). Originally the organ pipes that Hauntremolo was using had flames coming out of them and he would have looked more like a ghostly bomb, but I can't remember the name I had planned for it...something about Molotovs and a music term either way.
Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am

I love reading these! I recommend everyone do what CostarZ did and add your monster to your signature!
CostarZ

Postby CostarZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Vajra

Postby Vajra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

CostarZ

Postby CostarZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:24 pm

CostarZ

Postby CostarZ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Return to “General Discussion”