16bitking's Fanmade Crownies

16bitking

16bitking's Fanmade Crownies

Postby 16bitking » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 pm

So, I've decided that, being that I love this game, and want to help it in any way possible, I'll be designing new monsters every so often! Here is my collection of fanmade crownies!

BeastM.png
BeastM.png (11.57 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

Name: Beast M
Habitat: Seashores
Type: Psycho
Diet: Other Crownies, Shrimp, Crabs

Beast M is a Psycho type creature which burries itself under the sand near the shore of islands. It can strike so fast it cuts small creatures in half, much like a bobbit worm. Beast M is a very reclusive creature, and it's burrows are difficult to locate. The only time Beast M comes out of the ocean is when it is close to dying of starvation, however it's anatomy is similar to that of a jellyfish, and it has trouble walking on land. Beast M was inspired by various glitch Pokemon, such as Missingno, ??, 'M, and the fossil glitches.

Maragnet.png

Name: Maragnet
Habitat: Lakes, Swamps, Seashores
Type: Relentless
Diet: Frogs, Berries, Worms, Eels

Maragnet is a Relentless type amphibian creature with soft metallic skin. It's magnetic tail is powerful enough to disrupt TV signals from miles away. Maragnets have incredibly powerful beaks, which they use during the winter to drill under the ice to the water below. All Maragnets must be hydrated in order to survive, as during winter and in cold environments, their skin secretes warm water. In contrast, during the warmer months Maragnets' skin secretes cold water. The water they secrete is incredibly clean being that their stomachs cannot consume or modify liquids. Maragnet was inspired by the "drinking bird" toy, as well as the chinese giant salamander, and the Pokemon Porygon2

Pipsicot.png

Name: Pipseacot
Habitat: Seashores, Oceans
Type: Unstable
Diet: Shellfish, Other Crownies, Snails

Pipseacot is an Unstable type creature who utilizes shells and coral to make itself stronger. The coral that Pipseacot attaches to itself is used to damage enemies, to defend itself, and to attract a mate. Pipseacot are birds of prey, and they will typically attack creatures, in some instances five times their size in order to procure their shells, which the they chew up and spits out in order to mold the coral they have on their backs. If implemented into the game, Pipseacot would have an exclusive move: Shellstorm, an attack dealing massive damage to the enemy, at the cost of loosing a good deal of it's defense. Pipseacot was primarily inspired by the sandpiper, although I also drew inspiration from coral reefs, seagulls, and tadpoles in it's design.
Last edited by 16bitking on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Re: 16bitking's Fanmade Crownies

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Awesome designs!

Your sprite work is getting very good!

I really liked the lore for each one as well :)
16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Vajra

Postby Vajra » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:50 am

Maragnet is really cool! It does indeed remind me of Porygon2 XD
Hi! I'm the creator of the DLC monster Hauntremolo!

Sprite by CostarZ. Other art by Leri.

16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:13 am

Lavendite.png

Name: Lavendite
Habitat: Unknown
Type: Unstable
Diet: Other Crownies, Meat, Blood, Rats

Lavendite is an Unstable type creature surrounded in mystery. It's so elusive, it is often debated if it actually exists. Legends say Lavendite is able to comprehend, and even speak to humans and that they are very lonley creatures which often go years without food. Lavendites are almost always heard singing a song at very high pitch frequencies before they are seen, the song it sings has, in certain cases, killed nearby children. It is believed that the liquid that Lavendite secretes is so toxic, just touching it would cause almost instant death. Lavendite are said to be born whenever someone is killed by a crownie during a full moon. When approached, Lavendites attempt to grab hold of, and devour whatever is near it. Lavendite was inspired by the Burried Alive and White Hand in Pokemon Red/Blue rumors, as well as the Lost Silver Story.

Vindape.png

Name: Vindape
Habitat: Feilds, Ruins, Canyons
Type: Relentless
Diet: Beetles, Ladybugs, Rocks, Spiders

Vindape is a Relentless type creature whose body structure is incredibly flexible. Vindape are able to crawl into small cracks and holes in walls with little to no effort. The gender ratio of Vindape is astoundingly unbalanced: for every one female, there are 1,000 males! Vindape are blind creatures, relying on echolocation in order to move around, thus leading to them making clicking noises when they've become lost. Vindapes require sunlight in order to survive, they cannot control their blood temperature, unlike most other creatures. Vindape's skin is incredibly strong, and reports have told of them surviving gunfire with little damage, however they do have a weak spot, in the form of their mouths. Vindape was inspired by the appearance of characters in LISA: The Painful RPG, as well as the venus fly trap, and the Pokemon Sunflora.

Okabrella.png

Name: Okabrella
Habitat: Ruins
Type: Brute
Diet: Meat, Birds

Okabrella is a Brute type creature who stalks it's prey in daylight, and attacks during the night. Okabrella is slightly smaller than a tree, allowing it to easily consume birds. Okabrellas are typically nocturnal, and those found in daylight are typically diseased. Myths state that Oakabrella's saliva has medicinal properties. The eyesight of an Okabrella is typically sub-par at best: they cannot distinguish between colors very well. When threatened or provoked, Oakabrellas puff out the loose skin that surround their body in order to look more indimidating to enemies. Oakabrella's tongue are froglike, they can extend to extreme legnths, and are surprisingly durable. Okabrella was inspired by the Kasa-obake, a creature from japanese mythology.
16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Nymferocious.png

Name: Nymferaux
Habitat: Feilds, Rainforests
Type: Will
Diet: Bugs, Mushrooms

Nymferaux, interestingly, is not the husk that most see when one is encountered, but the ghost-like creature that flies above it. Nymferaux start their lives as parasites growing on large cicadas, they feed on the brain, and internal organs of the cicada, until nothing remains but a husk. Nymferaux emerge from the cicadas once they are nothing more than an exoskeleton, and utilize the husk they once inhabited as a shield in order to defend from attacks, being that their bodies are incredibly weak. Although it is debatable fact, some researchers who study Nymferaux's behavior will typically benefit the cicada it chooses to inhabit, researchers sight that they make the cicadas more aggressive, and larger in size, however their massive size towards the end of their life cycles is also theorized to be due to Nymferaux spewing out a toxic goo which it inhabits before emerging from the shell. When a Nymferaux is close to death, it self-destructs, spewing its spore-like eggs in all directions around itself. If implemented into the game, Nymferaux would have an exclusive move: Spore Burst, an attack which KOs the user, however does massive damage to the enemy, and infects all opponents with a poison-type effect. Nymferaux was inspired by entomopathogens, particularly those infecting ants, as well as the cycada.

Crunchary.png

Name: Crunchary
Habitat: Bushes, Trees
Type: Brute
Diet: Bugs, Other Crownies, Raccoons

Crunshary is a perfect example of natural camouflage, and can be incredibly deadly. Cruncharies hide inside trees, sometimes for days until they find prey, which they lash out at. Crunchary can separate it's body into four pieces, which it uses to capture prey in it's mouth. Crunchary typically will die if it touches the ground, although they are able to hover a few feet above the ground. Crunchary was inspired by sharks and berries.

MudslideMonster.png

Name: Nazu
Habitat: Almost anywhere where it rains
Type: Will
Diet: Worms, Moles, Tadpoles, Plant roots

Nazu is a complete recluse to the outside world, only coming out during intense rainstorms from it's underground lair. Nazu are akin to large worm-like catfish, digging tunnels through the ground in order to find their food. When a Nazu senses it's prey from a distance, their incredibly sticky tongues lash outwards to catch it, drilling through anything in it's way to reach it. Their sizes vary between individuals, but some are large enough to cause earthquakes, and leave sinkholes where they burrow. Farmers see Nazu as a helpful creature, as they burrow deep into the ground until they find water, thus allowing for people to use them to create wells. Although not easy to spot, Nazu are very brightly colored underneath the layer of warm mud that covers their skin, which they use to protect themselves from the cold. Nazu was based on the japanese mythological yokai which takes the form of a catfish and causes earthquakes called Namazu, as well as various species of fish and frogs, as well as moles!
Last edited by 16bitking on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
devotedtoneurosis
Site Admin

Postby devotedtoneurosis » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:00 pm

What fantastic designs! I love each more and more, especially the lore!

I hope that when Crowns is done you use the modding tools to create your own game with it! Your ideas are fantastic!
16bitking

Postby 16bitking » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Shad_noise

Postby Shad_noise » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:15 am

These are awesome! Okabrella reminds me of a youkai possessing an umbrella, is that the inspiration? (Also, is the name from "kasa" and "umbrella"? If so, really clever!)

EDIT: Wow, my phone totally cut off the entire bottom paragraph there. I see that is indeed where it comes from now, that's awesome. :)
Designer/Artist for ♔Crowns♔

I'm @VoidZoneDev on Twitter!

Return to “General Discussion”